Our Charter was granted on September 28, 1901 as the First Spiritualist Society of Wheeling WV. We built our beautiful Temple in 1916. It was dedicated September 16, 1916 to our first Pastor,
Revered George W. Way.
We are chartered under the National Spiritualist Association of Churches (NSAC) We adhere to the Declaration of Principles adopted by the NSAC.
More detailed information on Spiritualism can be found at the National Spiritualist Assoc. of Churches, website: www.NSAC.org
Declaration of Principles
1. We believe in Infinite Intelligence (God).
2. We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and Spiritual , are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitutes true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continues after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Natures Physical and Spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the Precepts of Prophecy and Healing are divine attributes proven through Mediumship.